Example from Book

Courage and Dreams


This man has two prized possessions at the shelter. They are slightly battered, but glass framed butterflies, which he carries around everywhere and takes them out periodically to look at them. I asked him why he liked them. This was a long answer:

“Pity the poor body. It been the second banana.” It sounds as if his body has just been along for the ride, but perhaps the body’s trump card is that it can endure.

“I think about life, but mostly death. I is a very weary traveler but the good thing is that the shelter helps me save money. I could have been dead. I always seem to end up with three hots and a cot.”

In answer to the question, “What got you here?” he says “Shortcuts. Reality is too lonely so I took another route. I can see how I want to be.”

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
Psalm 27:14